God cares about our health. it’s no wonder the scripture is littered with powerful Bible verses for healing.
3 John 1: 2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
In times like this, where the world seems to be riddled with an incurable virus, we need God. We need supernatural healing and a comforting God.
You can use these Bible verses as an anchor when you pray for your sick friends and relatives.
Here are 20 Bible verses that prove healing.
1. Ps.107.20 – He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.
2. 1Pet.2.24 – He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed.
3. Jer.17.14 – Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise.
4. Ps.146.8 – The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises those who are bowed down; The LORD loves the righteous.
5. Luke.4.18 – “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.
6. Jas.5.14 – Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. – And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
7. Luke.10.8-9 – Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
8. Exod.15.26 – and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”
9. Isa.53.4-5: Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
10. Mark.9.23 – And Jesus said to him, “If you can! All things are possible for one who believes.”
11. Luke.8.50 – But Jesus on hearing this answered him, “Do not fear; only believe, and she will be well.”
12. Ps.147.3 – He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.
13. Mark.10.52 – And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
14. Matt.10.8 – Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.
15. Jas.5.16 – Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
16. Mal.4.2 – But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.
17. 2Kgs.20.5 – “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, “Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day, you shall go up to the house of the LORD.
18. 2Chr.7.14 – if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
19. Luke.13.10 -14- Now he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. And there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your disability. “And he laid his hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and she glorified God. But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, said to the people, “There are six days in which work ought to be done. Come on those days and be healed, and not on the Sabbath day.”
20. Mark.3.1-5 – Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there with a withered hand. And they watched Jesus, to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him. And he said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?” But they were silent. And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was restored.
These verses prove that God is willing and able to heal. This should give us faith to pray for the sick and believe God for their healing. God will heal us! This should make us rejoice and celebrate