Evangelist Amaka Okwuoha, popularly called “Chioma Jesus” and “The Queen of Praise”, is a gospel singer widely known for her distinctive dressing and anointed sonorous voice. She has ministered in over one thousand churches in Nigeria and Abroad, where she uses her musical gift to liberate souls from bondage.
Mrs Amaka Okwuoha was born on the 12th of February, in Aba, Abia State, Nigeria to the family of late Nze Euzebius Chukwumaeze Ebizie and Dorathy Ebizie. She lost her parents at a tender age leaving her to take responsibilities of her seven younger siblings as the first child of her parent.
Chioma Jesus became a born again Christian at a young age, on 28th August 1986. She is a member of the Scripture Union [SU]. Chioma suffered severe persecution as a born again at school and at home.
Amaka Okwuoha used to be a trader, working in a food industry before taking up Gospel music.
Chioma Jesus Ministry
Evangelist Amaka joined her Church choir and started singing at age 9, with the support and encouragement of her Pastor. She sang as a soloist, chorus leader and sang inspirational life touching special numbers at her church Programmes. She was also invited to different churches and crusade as a guest artist.
Chioma Jesus rose to limelight when she was invited as a guest artist at St. Andrews Anglican Church, Mile 1 Diobu, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. Her ministration in the church touched life’s in great folds.
Chioma’s first song was written in the Yoruba Language, her most popular song “praise” (released 2011). It topped the gospel music charts in Nigeria. Chioma had ministered alongside top International Gospel artists and Ministers around the world such as; Lionel Peterson, Juanita Bynum, Kurt Kay, Don Meon, and Ron Kenoly.
Chioma Jesus Album
The singer has lists of hit songs which are widely known in Nigeria, Africa and abroad, some of her albums include;
- Nkwa Chioma Jesus Live, Vol. 1
- My Testimony
- Next Level Praise
- Prophetic Praise
- Omega Praise
- Divine Level of Praise
Chioma Jesus Songs
Her songs include:
- Prophetic Praise 2
- Nkwa Chioma Jesus Medley
- Ebube Dike Medley
- Gini Kam Ga Eme Medley
- The Gabu Medley
- I Will Be Medley
- Chioma Jesus Miracle God
- Mighty In Battle Medley
- Our Gi Medley
- Onye Ukwu
- Chioma Jesus
- Chukwu Okike Imela
- Chioma Jesus Miracle God
- Odiro Onye Dika Gi
- Bab, You Are So Great
- I Have Never Seen Any One Like You
- I Have Never Seen Any One
- I Have Got The Power
- Ejim Chukwu Ugo
- Holy Holy
Chioma Jesus Awards
The singer’s musical gift and wonderful personality have earned her various Awards from various Churches, Ministries, and Denominations both in Nigeria and Abroad. Her Awards includes;
- Omega Legend Award as the most outstanding gospel artist in Nigeria
- Advocate Of Christian Excellence In Christianity –An award by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Ideato South Chapter
- HFTBF Award For Transparency and Integrity in the Gospel Music Ministry
- 2015 Gospel Music Legacy Award by the spirit-filled International Network Of Gospel Ministry and Churches in conjunction with Kingdom Life Gospel Church for her contribution towards the growth of gospel music across ethnic and national frontiers.
- Award Of Meritorious Services to the gospel of music in Nigeria and of Christ in general
- Award For The Sustained Support of the work in Redemption ministries and the world at large by Redemption Ministries Port Harcourt
- Award For Excellence In Service of the Lord by Men’s Christian Association [MCA] New Generation Faith [Ang.] Church, City of Favour Port Harcourt.
- World Ambassador for peace award by United Nations-pol-ac peace Nigeria, in collaboration with platinum standard publications limited Lagos.
- Delta Yadah Award 2011-2012
Chioma Jesus Family
She is married to Evangelist Callistus Okwuoha and they are blessed with three children.
Social media handles
Facebook – Chioma Jesus
Instagram – @official Chioma Jesus
Youtube – Chioma Jesus