1. The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)
The Redeemed Christian Church of God, known for its wide spread of branches across the world, has its biggest church auditorium in Nigeria.
The auditorium is located at Kilometre 46 along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway popularly referred to as Redemption Camp covers over 40,000 hectares of land and can house up to 1 million worshippers at a time. The 1&half by 1 kilometre arena which was commissioned in the year 2000 was soon not enough to occupy the large crowd in attendance at the programmes that held at the Redemption Camp especially during the annual Convention.
Hence, a new auditorium with the size as 3x3km was constructed at Shimawa area and is said to host 12million persons at once since its inaugural use during the 63rd Annual Convention which held in 2015. The old arena is used as an extension of the new via live transmission.
2. Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners Chapel, was founded by Bishop David Oyedepo in 1983. The church headquarters is located at Canaanland, Kilometres 10, Idiroko Road,Ota, Ogun State in Nigeria.
The Faith Tabernacle can comfortably accommodate 50,000 persons under its roof with an overflow seating capacity of 250,000.
Out of the 10,500 acres of land which marks Canaanland, as the church complex is called, the Faith Tabernacle occupies 70 acres. The Guinness Book of Records in 2008 recorded The Faith Tabernacle as the largest church auditorium.
3. Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry (MFM) is a church which rings a bell in the mind of any Nigerian as it is specifically known for its Deliverance ministry as founded by Dr Daniel K. Olukoya.
The expanse of land upon which the auditorium is situated upon is referred to as Prayer City, located at Kilometre 1, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State. It has a 500,000-seater capacity, with an overflow of 250,000.
4. Soon after you say Hello to Lagos, it is easy to behold the magnificent edifice of The Apostolic Church with its notable features. It is said that its strategic building located at Ketu, Lagos State was inaugurated after 25years if construction work. It allows for the sitting of an estimate of 100,000 people at a time.
5. The Deeper Life Bible Church, founded by Pastor Williams Funsho Kumuyi in 1973, has an Ultramodern Headquarters to boast of. This building which costs about 4billion naira is located in Gbagada, Lagos State. It is said to be the size of a mini stadium with its seating capacity as 30,000 alongside an underground car park that can accommodate 200 cars at once. The building covers a total of 6,200 square meters with additional 1,624 square meters for land spacing, sidewalks and car parks. The former renowned location of the church at Kilometer 42, Olowosedo Village, Ogun State, along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway is a 240 hectare now used for retreats and special programmes.
6. Dunamis International Gospel Center, in November 2018, opened what its Founder; Dr. Paul with his wife, Dr Becky Enenche asserted as the largest sanctuary in the world. The Glory Dome located in Abuja, Nigeria is part of a larger property referred to as The Lord’s Garden. The church’s auditorium consists of a 100,000 seater capacity. The strategic location of the church near the Airport is said by the Founder to be an instruction received in a revelation from the Lord.
7. The Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) was founded by Reverend Biodun Fatoyinbo in 1999. The Church has its headquarter in Abuja with an auditorium which can accommodate closely 10,000 worshippers.
8. The Daystar Christian Centre, pastored by Pastor Sam and his wife, Pastor Nike Adeyemi is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing churches. Its headquarter is located in one of the bubbling places; Ikeja, Lagos State. The auditorium wherein services hold is capable of hosting over 6,000 people.
9. Fountain of Life Church, with its founding Pastor in person of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya, is located in Ilupeju, Lagos State. The Church auditorium is large enough to allow 5000 members of congregation who worship there.
10. The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministry is known for its membership consisting mostly of Easterners. The Minsitry was founded by Pastor Lazarus Mouka in 2002. Its headquarters is situated at No. 10, Odofin Park Estate, Oshodi Apapa,
Express Way, Ijesha B/stop, Lagos with an auditorium that is fairly big enough to contain over 4000 members in a service.