The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), has issued a new worship schedule for members after the Lagos and Ogun state government had ban religious gatherings and meetings of more than 50 people.
The ban was made for the prevention and management of the spread of the Coronavirus in Nigeria.
Assistance General Overseer (admin and personnel), Pastor Johnson Folorunsho Odeshola, had addressed the pastors in charge of regions and province in Lagos with a memo titled “slight alternation in the mode of service for parishes in Lagos and Ogun state.
The letter was made available to VANGUARD. It reads:
“In line with this directive from the government, the mission authority has instructed as follows:
1. Parishes that have an average of attendance of 50 members or less can hold their services without any alteration or changes.
2. Parishes that have average attendance above 50 members are directed to make use of their House Fellowship centres to run simultaneous services with the main church.
3. Parishes that have the facility to run more than one service can also do so, under the strict directive that worshippers won’t exceed 50 people per service.
4. One supervising minister and an usher could be seconded to each Centre for the collation of necessary reports (attendance, New converts, Newcomers, etc)
5. All centres are requested to connect to Dove Television to join the live broadcast from the General Overseer during the period.
“You are therefore requested to convey the assurances of the continued prayer of the General Overseer to members, while also encouraging them not to panic in the face of ongoing crisis because God promised us victory over every battle at the start of this year,”